Call for Proposals for the 1st International Symposium on Human Mental Workload: Models and Applications.
Papers are solicited for the following areas:
- Mental workload theory and frameworks
- Measurement of mental workload
- Mental workload in context
- Applications of mental workload in practice
- Mental workload in safety critical domains
All accepted papers will be published in the digital conference proceedings and a selection of papers will be chosen for a planned special volume published by Springer.
- Abstract registration: 8th January 2017
- Paper submission: 15th January 2017
- Paper notification: 5th March 2017
- Camera ready: 29th March 2017
Please find the Safety TG Summer 2016 Newsletter below.
Safety TG Summer 2016 Newsletter
The Safety TG held the annual TG meeting at the 2015 HFES Annual Conference on October 28, 2015. The meeting minutes can be found at:
Safety TG Minutes 2015
2015Fall HFES TG Newsletter
Topic Covered in the Fall 2015 Safety TG Newsletter:
- Letter from the TG Chair
- Safety TG at the Annual HFES Meeting
- Congratulations to the Student Paper Winners
- Human Factors Influence On Safety: Proposed ‘Birds of a Feather’
- A History of the Arnold M. Small Lecture
- Collaboration Opportunity: Training Decay
- Upcoming Conferences
- 2015 Arnold M. Small Lecture in Safety: Construction Safety and Health as a Leading Indicator
- Summaries of 2015 HFES Annual Meeting Safety Session Papers
STG Newsletter Summer 2015
Thank you to all who provided content for inclusion.
For the next newsletter, the submissions deadline is September 15. If you have any student projects, lessons learned, or items you would like to share with the Safety TG prior to the conference, please have them to Noelle Brunelle or Nancy Daraiseh by September 15th.
One of the goals of the Safety Technical Group (STG) is to serve our members by providing pertinent news and information through our newsletter. The newsletter has been on a short hiatus but it is back and we are interested in what you want to know and where we can make improvements. Please help us make the newsletter relevant to your needs by taking a few minutes of your time to complete this brief survey (link below).
HFES Safety Technical Group – Newsletter Survey
The survey will be available until May 30, 2015. Results will be published in the next edition.
The Safety TG held the annual TG meeting at the 2014 HFES Annual Conference on October 29, 2014. The meeting slides and minutes can be found at:
You’re invited to attend the 2015 HFES Annual Meeting!
The 2015 HFES Annual Meeting will be held October 26 – October 30, 2015 at LA Live in Los Angeles, California. Registration will be available in June. For more information, visit https://www.hfes.org//Web/HFESMeetings/2015annualmeeting.html.
Curious about safety’s role in making products useful, usable, and desirable from a user experience (UX) perspective? Then register for the HFES annual conference at:
and share your expertise and passion at UX Day on October 29th–during HFES 2014! Details are below and on our web site at
where you can also RSVP for our UX Day Happy Hour that evening sponsored by Whirlpool Corporation!